This burger recipe is tried and tested on family and friends. Of course, this is one of those do-not-have-time-to-cook busy workday evenings and also too-lazy-to-cook weekend lunchtimes.
I do make a no "तिखट" (hot) version for my Sh-bear.
A close friend requested this recipe after eating at a recent BBQ lunch party.
The main thing is there is the ingredients. The cooking process is fairly easy.
So here we go.
- 1 pack of lean ground turkey. I get mine from Costco. Make sure it is lean (that's the whole point, DUHH!)
- 7-8 cloves of garlic + 1/2 inch long piece of ginger. Grind these freshly (this is the secret to most amazing flavor for all meat dishes)
- 2 tablespoon coriander powder / धना पाउडर
- 1 tablespoon jeera powder / जीरा
- 2 heaping tablespoons of jeera / जीरा
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder / हळद
- 2 heaping tablespoons of fennel seeds / बडीशॉप
- 1 handful of finely chopped fresh coriander / कोथिम्बीर (this you can cary per taste or leave out)
- Juice of half a lemon or 2 tablespoon of lemon juice / लिम्बु रस
- 1 teaspoon garam masala (I used the one my Aai makes, which has no second. But you can use store bought. I like Shaan one) / गरम मसाला
- 2 eggs whole or 1 egg and 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup of any cheese you like. I have used Asiago, Cheddar, Parmesan. The best one is the 4 cheese Italian blend from Costco.
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon hot chili powder / मिर्ची पाउडर
- 1 1/2 tablespoon tandori powder
- 5-6 hot thai chillies / हिरव्या मिरच्या
NOTE: Everything after breadcrumbs is adjusted per taste.
On that note, actually everything here can be adjusted to taste. I have come up with these metrics after several tries. So make and evolve the ingredients to suite your taste.
- Mix all ingredients together using hands. It is important that you use hands to mix to make sure everything is incorporated consistently, Use same logic technique as making kebabs.
जस आई म्हणते , आधी तूप माग सूखच सूख !!
- Make patties of the size you like. I make the ones as big as my palm and that one fits well in a burger bun.
- Now that you have enjoyed the aroma all the masala, throw one of a heated skillet, dress up the burger your way and NOM NOM (बका बका खा)
- Freeze the patties on a flat tray for couple of hours. Put in Ziploc bags and enjoy anytime.
- To heat frozen patty, microwave for 30 seconds and then heat on skillet.
- When using on a grille, cook the patty in oven for about 15 mins. This will make sure nothing melts into the coals.
- You can cool the burgers and breakup and add to Mac and Cheese, omelettes
- You can also make chapati roll by using rotis or parathas in stead of burger buns.
- You can change the masala to have southwestern flavor instead of tandoori and use in tacos or burritos.
There you have it. Turkey burgers that can suit any taste and can be made the way you like and desire.