This is gulf shores and orange beach:
However, the better directions are these:
Taking Hwy 45S and Foley Express Way.
The route off Hwy45 takes lesser time. Also since we both enjoy driving, we both loved this drive since in parts it goes through small towns. The only cons are that when the route enters Mobile, AL. in a part of the town that is not very safe; and if you really want to save time then you need to take Foley Express Way and pay $3 toll.
We stayed at this hotel:
Other places for the rentals:
Also check this out -- Gives a live view of the beach:
Other things to do :
- Sunset at Fort Morgan..SPECTACULAR...hope for a clear sky.
- Trail on Bon Secour Nature Refuge. Take the 4 mile trail, It ends in a beach.
- Water scooter
- Dolphin cruises
- Goto Pensacola, FL: Nice drive to Pensacola
- Day Trips
Things to take:
- Things to play on the beach
- Sun glasses
- Swiming clothes
- Club ware
- HUNGER FOR FUN!!
- Lulu's: Fish tacos,open air, Cajun Shrimp :Tel: 251-967-LULU
- Desoto's: Seafood platter, grouper,crab legs
- The Steamer: Shrimp
- Shrimp Basket: Shrimp, next to Sovenier city with the big shark mouth.
- Original Oyester House: Pinacolada, Fried oyester, shrimp, grilled seafood, crab cakes, key lime pie. Take a walk on alligator patio.
- Dippin' Dots ice-cream: Perrrfect after a long trail walk.
- Piny Pony: Patio on the beach, drinks, martini, view of the moon from the patio.
- Cheesecake at Hope's Cheesecake-- Have not eaten..heard it is really good. NOT a cheesecake FAN :(
- Flora/Bama- Club/gr8 drinks, DANCE and CROWD
- Key lime milkshake at the Stacey Old Tyme Soda Fountain
- "Throwed Rolls" at Lambert's Cafe- This place has somevege options, The best part is that they throw hot rolls to you and you have catch them..FUN!! This is next to the big shopping mall.
Loxley, AL ( on hwy 45):
- Stop at Burris Farmer's market in Loxley and eat AWESOME strawberry shortcake, key lime pie. Best while driving back.
Photos coming up........CANNOT WAIT TO GO BACK!!!
One of the best weekends we've had together....CHEERS TO ONE YEAR OF MARITAL BLISSS :-D